Compass School Global Connections Program .
Compass School Global Connections Program
At Compass School, all 11th graders travel together to immerse themselves in a Spanish speaking country in the developing world. We organize the travel program ourselves to make it affordable, but we still need to work hard to make sure this transformative experience is accessible to every student, regardless of family economic circumstances.
Your support is hugely important and appreciated
The Junior Class Global Connections Program has many goals. Among these are:
1. Developing cross cultural understanding
2. Learning how to be a “traveler, not a tourist”
3. Opening up the world to our students so they are comfortable traveling and have both the interest and skills to undertake travel experiences throughout their lives
4. Valuing learning through direct experience and immersion
5. Appreciation of life in less developed parts of the world—discovering, in the words of one of our students, that “the beauty of a person’s life is not determined by the beauty of their house.”
6. Engaging in service
7. Practice with Spanish language in an immersion environment
8. Increasing the “international intelligence” in our area by using this experience to share with others in the larger community
9. To give every student, regardless of family economic status or prior travel experience, the opportunity to have this tremendously meaningful experience
Read more about Compass School at http://compass-school.org
Raffle River has helped Compass School Global Connections Program
raise $1,040 and
host 1 raffle.
Lyssa Singleton, Main Contact
DARREN W MARK
Join The Team