Sons of The American Legion Squadron 65 .
We would need a lot more space than we have here to go over all the things that the Sons of the American Legion does to support our veterans, their families and our community, but we would like to mention just a few:
• We do Bingo's at the Menlo Park Home for Disabled Veterans. These Disabled Veterans do not pay a dime to participate, they win cash prizes, we serve refreshments and they get out for couple of hours, but we volunteers are the biggest winners since we get to sit with them listen to their life stories and thank them for their service. We also send a gift on their birthday
• We send care packages to our troops who are deployed, with letters of thanks for their service and sacrifice.
• We help the families of the troops that are deployed
• We have an annual Christmas party for the underprivileged with food, entertainment, and a gift for every child. Again no one pays anything for this party.
• We donate to the local food bank, that serves all who need a little help, not just the homeless. You would be surprised at how many hard working families just can’t stretch the pay check to provide nutritional meals every day.
Again this is just a small list of the things that we do to help our veterans and community I wish I had the room to list everything. And without the help of the great people that support our fundraisers we could not do any of this.
Raffle River has helped Sons of The American Legion Squadron 65
Greg Massengale, Main Contact
Join The Team