KPMG's Family for Literacy (KFFL) Houston team .
KPMG's Family for Literacy (KFFL) Houston team
In March & April 2017, KPMG's Family for Literacy (KFFL) Houston team is embarking a fundraising campaign in support of our firm's commitment to developing the next generation of leaders and educating tomorrow's workforce.
Our goal is to purchase and distribute at least 15,000 new books to young readers in Houston this year. Partnering with the Children’s Museum of Houston, we will host our first annual Power of Reading Program in summer of 2017. This program includes four book distribution events, between May and August, in conjunction with the Museum's Family Adventures program, where they target families from economically disadvantaged areas, and provide transportation and free admission to the museum.
The main objectives of the Power of Reading program are to:
1. Provide new books to children from low-income families in Houston.
2. Prevent the slide of knowledge and skills during summer break.
3. Help young children to develop an interest in reading by allowing students to "shop" for their own books to take home.
Fueling the Power of Reading Program
To achieve our fundraising goal, KPMG Houston professionals have been divided into 42 teams for a friendly competition throughout this campaign. Each team is led by brilliant team captain and co-captain with a goal to raise fund to fuel the power of reading challenge, but equally importantly, create a sense of fun and community amongst teammates.
Spread the word
Connecting our supporters and beneficiaries to our KFFL mission and activities will be vital to our success in the Houston community. As we fundraise and volunteer together, please spread the word on your social media accounts by leveraging the hashtag #15KBooks.
KFFL quick facts
- KFFL has provided more than 2.5 million new books to low-income children in communities across the country.
- Research has shown that the only behavioral measure that correlates significantly with reading scores is the number of book
Raffle River has helped KPMG's Family for Literacy (KFFL) Houston team
Lyndie Dragomir, Main Contact
Join The Team