TL;DR version? We're raising money to help pay critical bills, offset ongoing costs for Liz's cancer treatments, and give our kids a good Christmas.
Hi, I'm Jamie. My daughter Elizabeth "Liz" Chambers was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), a type of blood cancer most commonly identified with very young children, in March of 2016. She has endured intense chemotherapy, full-body radiation, and a bone marrow stem cell transplant—the latter creating months of additional therapies, treatments, and complication up to the present day. We've kept a website chronicling her journey here: http://www.fun4liz.net
The stress and financial difficulties of cancer treatments are hard on any family, and ours is no exception. My ability to work has been extremely limited while I've focused much of my time and energy on her treatments and it's caused my income to drop significantly. I've sold valuable items in my game and art collection, along with coming up with fun items to sell on her website to help make up the difference, and we've received a tremendous amount of support and assistance.
Our friends at Carolina Game Tables — http://www.carolinagametables.com — surprised us by offering us one of their amazing game tables as a fundraising item. After some discussion we're making it the grand prize of a raffle that will also include some fantastic tabletop games and other geeky items as secondary prizes. We want this to be a fun celebration of games and geek culture that Liz and our family love so much.
We want to make it clear that while we've experienced rough times, this raffle is not for an official charitable contribution and ticket purchases are not tax deductible. Our family isn't destitute and there are many in greater need, and we encourage you to help where you can!
Thank you to everyone who participates or shares. A few days before this posting we had no plans to hold a raffle, but now it's exciting and fun!
Signal Fire Studios LLC is a for-profit small press publishing company owned and managed by Liz's father, Jamie Chambers. The proceeds of this raffle will be used to help catch up on crucial bills, pay for ancillary expenses related to Liz's ongoing cancer treatments, and help give the kids a nice Christmas.
Each prize package will be drawn separately, so we will have lots of winners, and prizes may be added until the day of the drawing.
All prizes will be shipped to an address in the continental United States ("lower 48") at no expense to the winners. No purchase necessary to receive a chance to win. Please send by US mail your request to participate before the winning drawing including your full legal name and date of birth to our listed address. Must be 18 years or older to participate. Not all who enter will win. Winners will be subject to all applicable state and federal taxes. Winners will be selected by random drawing and will be listed on this site.
Current Prize Packages:
• Grand Prize: Coffee Game Table ($899 value) from Carolina Game Table
• Savage Rifts® Bundle ($100 value) from Pinnacle Entertainment Group
• Lovecraftian Tentacle Bundle ($60 value) from Signal Fire Studios
• Metamorphosis Alpha RPG ($20 value) from Signal Fire Studios
• Pantheon Card Game + d20 die ($20 value) from Signal Fire Studios
• Demon Hunters RPG & Movie Bundle ($192 value) from Dead Gentlemen Productions
• East Texas University Bundle ($45 value) from 12 to Midnight
• The Gamers Movie Bundle ($105 value) from Zombie Orpheus Entertainment
• Offworld T-Shirt Bundle ($60+ value) from Offworld Designs
• Murders & Acquisitions RPG ($35 value) from NerdBurger Games
• Game Master's Apprentice Deck Bundle ($90 value) from Larcenous Designs, LLC
• Ogre Board Game Counter Sheets & Supplements ($66 value) from Scalpel Games
• Digital Adventure Bundle ($20 value) from Just Insert Imagination
• Sojourner Tales Board Game ($40) from Signal Fire Studios
2265 Roswell Road, Suite 100
Marietta, Georgia 30062